This morning Aviation Cinemas and the Texas Theatre is pleased to announce the 1st ever Oak Cliff Film Festival. The entire fest will be held in areas of Oak Cliff including some of its most well known spots around Bishop Arts. The home base will be the Texas Theatre and satellite locations have already been set up at the Kessler Theater, Teco Theater and Belmont Hotel.
In addition to a fantastic lineup of films, there will also be loads of other activities including music, vip parties and other entertainment announced in the coming months. Below is a copy of the press release sent out this morning and several links to follow the developments.
The Aviation Cinemas (Texas Theatre) team is proud to announce the Inaugural Oak Cliff Film Festival (www.filmOakCliff.com) , set for June 14-17th 2012 in the burgeoning Bishop Arts District in Oak Cliff. As a natural progression from our programming efforts at the Texas Theatre, the OCFF will strive, as an international film festival, to showcase brave and independent filmmaking of all stripes including those from right here in our own backyard.
- Venues will be: The Texas Theatre, Kessler Theater, Bishop Arts Theater (formerly the Bluebird theater), and the Belmont Hotel
- Participating local sponsors include: Bolsa, Mesa, Eno’s, Oddfellows, Oak Cliff Bicycle Co., the Belmont Hotel
- Takes place June 14-17th 2012 in the Bishop Arts area of Oak Cliff
- Will be accepting local, regional, national and international films
- Blake Ethridge, former Fantastic Fest Programmer, will be leading our Acquisitions team along with Texas Theatre Creative Director, Jason Reimer
- We are actively interviewing corporate sponsors now!
Here’s the website with submission info: www.filmoakcliff.com
Please like our facebook page here to stay up to date: http://www.facebook.com/filmoakcliff
And… follow us on twitter here: http://twitter.com/filmoakcliff (@FilmOakCliff)