There is exactly one and a half shopping days left until Thanksgiving. Though it isn’t known as the holiday of extreme style, what you wear to Thanksgiving can be crucial in several instances.
1. You are meeting your significant other’s family for the first time.
2. You haven’t seen your own (or extended) family in a long time.
3. You’re eating out at a swanky restaurant for Thanksgiving.
4. You’re invited to a football watching party for the holiday.
5. You’re hitting up the Black Friday sales after dinner that are now starting on Thursday night and need something that will pull double-duty.
Depending on how formal your family or the location of your meal is, you can probably get away with something that is equally comfortable and cute. Resist the urge to throw on pants with an elastic waist and oversized sweatshirt…neither will make you feel attractive and they only encourage over-indulging. (Trust me. Remember Joey’s Thanksgiving Pants on that episode of “Friends”?)
Here are a few ideas for pulled-together looks for the holiday that aren’t too sexy and aren’t too frumpy.