Summer can mean dry, scaly legs…which is unfortunate when the temps are in triple digits and you want to keep them cool. Instead of slathering on greasy lotion or shedding dry skin, a homemade concoction just might do the trick. The Amazing Spiderman may have renewed the popularity of lizards, but your skin doesn’t need to feel like one.
Ingredients and Directions (courtesy of Military-fit Bombshell)
- 1 1/4 C Sugar (just the store bought stuff-nothing fancy)
- 1/2 C Oil (any kind will do…I like coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoons Citrus (Lime or lemon)
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Soak your legs in the tub for 5 minutes.
- Shave your legs.
- Rub some of the mixture all over your legs. The sugar will help rub off all dirt and dead skin.
- Rinse it all off, shave again. Remove any and all dead skin.
- Rub your legs again with the mixture.
- Rinse off with soap to remove any remaining residue.
- Add lotion and be ready to sport shorts!
You can use this mixture for hands, feet, arms, etc. It’s an easy way to exfoliate without purchasing expensive sugar scrubs, and your soft legs will thank you. (As will those who touch them!)
-Hilary Kennedy is a contributing author for YouPlus Style and YouPlus Dallas, focusing primarily on Style, Arts and Entertainment, and Dating and Relationships. Hilary also stars in many videos for YouPlusMedia and has her own show, The Hilary Kennedy Show.
Tags: alternatives to waxing, citrus juice uses, coconut oil beauty, hilary kennedy, Hilary kennedy dallas, hillary kennedy, how to exfoliate legs, how to get smooth legs, how to get soft legs, natural beauty products, uses for coconut oil