You like peanut butter? You like Rice Krispies? Yeah, me too. Which is why this Super Bowl Sunday you need to make this snack to not only satisfy your own desire for a ‘lil sugar, but lift the spirits of those around you. (Because let’s face it, we are all a teensy bit disappointed America’s Team isn’t in the big game.)
Rice Krispies Treats Footballs will score…..trust me. (Thank you SnackPicks.com!)
Preparation Time: 15 Mins.
Total Time to Serve: 15 Mins.
16 Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars
14 oz. caramels
1 tablespoon water
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Open KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES TREATS bars and cut off approximately 1/4-inch from corners, so the shape resembles a football.
2. Place unwrapped caramel in microwave safe bowl with water. Microwave in 30-second intervals until completely melted, approximately 1 minute, stirring after each interval.
3. Working while caramel is hot, dip top of each treat into caramel. Allow to cool on plate.
4. Meanwhile, place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power in 30-second intervals until completely melted, approximately 2 minutes, stirring after each interval.
5. Place melted chocolate into small zip-top bag. Cut small corner of bag to provide an opening through which to squeeze out the chocolate. Drizzle chocolate over caramel to resemble stitching on a football. Serve at room temperature.
-Hilary Kennedy is a contributing author for YouPlus Style and YouPlus Dallas, focusing primarily on Style, Arts and Entertainment, and Dating and Relationships. Hilary also stars in many videos for YouPlusMedia and has her own show, The Hilary Kennedy Show.
Tags: chocolate rice krispies, hilary kennedy, Hilary kennedy dallas, hillary kennedy, how to throw a super bowl party, rice krispies treats, super bowl snacks, super bowl sunday, what to serve on super bowl sunday