Once in a blue moon you come across an online gem that captures your interest and style in one clever site. The Blissful Gypsy, a brand spakin’ new online boutique is the collaboration of local creative, stylish women with a love for the unique. With its debut on the web this week, the site not only has a selection that rivals any shop on Melrose, but features independent designers that you can’t find on every street corner. So what do they offer, you ask? How about jewelry of all kinds, wall art, journals, cute as a button t-shirts, beauty products, soaps….the list goes on and on.
Declaring itself “a touch of bohemian, a bit of lavishness”, The Blissful Gypsy offers yummy scents like “Let Them Eat Cake” Parfum ($29), with sweet notes like Sugar Cane, Coconut Milk, Vanilla Orchid & White Musk??. Or, if you’re in the market for a thoughtful housewarming gift with charm, check out the Kitchen Cherry Apron ($38). It’s Mad Men meets country girl, and is one of the most adorable kitchen accessories a culinary cutie can have.
Put a statement on any outfit you wear with Chan Luu jewelry, featured in every major fashion magazine known to man and a favorite celebrity pick. The wrap bracelets with hand-knotted leather and array of beads are beyond gorgeous. The Red Mix Semi Precious Stone and Nugget 5 wrap bracelet on Kansai leather is $176, and wraps most wrists 5 times. Added perk? It can also be worn as a necklace or belt.?
One more fabulous tidbit about shopping this locally owned boutique is that 10% of all purchases benefit Attitudes & Attire™. For those that don’t know, Attitudes and Attire is an amazing organization that for the past 15 years has trained women in need in areas of positive self-image and appropriate workplace behavior, appearance, and helps clients build self-confidence by identifying personal barriers for inner growth and to develop a positive self-concept. Plus, with FREE shipping on all U.S. orders on the site, how can you resist? Find bliss with The Blissful Gypsy….and help empower other women at the same time.
Don’t worry, there’s still time to get something that will not only make Dad smile, but perhaps even illicit a high-five. With eleven days left, it’s time to act NOW and pick out the perfect Dad-worthy present. Lacking in the ideas department? I’ve got you covered. Here is a list of favorite finds for Dads of all ages, professions, or hobbies….
1.MUNITIO™ Nine Millimeter Earphones™ Titanium Coated Earphones for the Father who loves his music, talk radio, or sports broadcast. Hi-performance earphones with bold style, craftsman quality and luxury appeal. Each MUNITIO™ earphone has been individually machined from a solid piece of high density copper alloy, outfitted with a rare earth neodymium 9mm driver, enclosed in a BassEnhancingChamber™ and topped with custom tuned AcousticSoundFlowSystem™. Complete with noise isolating SiliconeHollowPoints™, Kevlar® reinforced premium fabriccable and 24k gold plug. You may not know what all that means, but take my word for it….he will love them. Available online at www.munitio.com
2.The Gent’s Place Men’s Fine Grooming 6975 Lebanon Rd, Suite 308 Frisco, TX 75034 469.579.4417 The Gent’s Place is a membership-based men’s grooming and lifestyle club located in Frisco, TX providing quality services to the discerning gentleman. Founded and created by Ben Davis, The Gent’s Place offers more than just the average barbershop experience. From the exclusive razor shave treatment to the barber styling experience, The Gent’s Place offers the perfect men’s grooming and spa experience. Dad might not want to tell the world that he loves a spa day, but we know the truth. Help him indulge! For more information please visit www.thegentsplace.com
3. PERMISSION™ Skincare for Men PERMISSION™ Skincare for Men is a luxury skincare line born of the necessity to offer men of style an upscale, high performance skincare line that delivers results specifically suited to a man’s grooming needs. Let’s face it, (no pun intended,) Dad needs to put his best face forward during those presentations and board meetings. PERMISSION™ products were designed for the truly exceptional man’s lifestyle. They are committed to protecting a man’s most valuable asset: his face. Check out the six piece product line including: Cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer, Scrub, Shave and Eye Deed. Available at Stanley Korshak, or online at www.Zappos.com or www.permissionskincare.com.
4. Braithwaite Wallets One thing Dad never leaves home without? His wallet, of course! Help him keep his stacks organized in style. Braithwaite Wallets designs wallets as a celebration of human ingenuity. They are designed in Canada, made of leather tanned and stitched in the USA and lined with silks imported from the Orient. Available online at www.braithwaitewallets.com
5. Nanodots: Element 216 This gift is one of the coolest and most creative out there, and it’s highly addicting. (Imagine the allure of Angry Birds, but with magnets.) Consisting of 216 powerful magnetic spheres, or “dots”, grouped together to be hand-constructed into various shapes and formations. Designed in 4 color styles: original, black, silver and gold. Dad will have more fun at his desk during his break than he ever imagined. Available at www.nanodots.com
6. Würkin Stiffs® For every shirt, there’s a Würkin Stiff. Power Stays make your collars Magnetic…Like Dad’s personality. Designed as a set of 6, this keeps him looking sharp all day long. And who doesn’t like a dapper man? Available at Stanley Korshak, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Q Custom Clothiers, J. Hilburn, Rochester Big & Tall, Executive Apparel and online at www.wurkinstiffs.com
7. M-Clip® The World’s Finest Money Clip® Is your Father a money clip man? If he is, then make sure he has the best out there to hold his hard-earned cash. This unique design allows you to hold cash and credit cards more securely with less bulk than any other money clip or wallet on the market. From superior metals, highly machined tolerances for each component part, and individually selected alligator hides, the M-Clip™ money clip is designed and hand assembled with one goal in mind: to make the best, most functional and highest quality money clip you can buy. Available online at Nordstrom, Paradise Pen Company, Neiman Marcus. Use the code GOSPEL online at www.m-clip.com and receive 20% of the entire collection; offer valid until December 31, 2011.
8. Jack Black® Men’s Grooming My better half loves this line and is a devotee. For a Dad that is on the road or traveling for work, this is the ultimate travel companion. The Jack Black® Men’s First Class Five includes the five skin care essentials to keep him well-groomed and looking his best on- the-go. Containing best sellers, Beard Lube Conditioning Shave, Double Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20, Eye Balm Age Minimizing Gel, Intense Therapy Lip Balm Natural Mint & Shea Butter and the All-Over Wash. Available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and online at www.getjackblack.com.
9. Olschwanger Designs Men don’t change their jewelry often, so why not buy Dad something he’ll wear forever? Eric Olschwanger? of Olschwanger Designs can design custom cufflinks, rings, and can incorporate any family stones/heirloom jewelry into a design to make it even more sentimental for Dad. For more information, visit www.olschwangerdesigns.com.
10. The Burly not Girly Facial for Father’s Day The Burly not Girly facial for men consists of a 50 minute signature facial with a cleanse, tone, microdermabrasion, treatment mask and therapeutic facial, neck, shoulder, arm, hand and scalp massage. It is a great way to show dad how to relax without feeling effeminate… Along with this Father’s Day facial for $49 all other facelogic spa treatments including popular male services like waxing, massage, bacials and spay tans are offered. Take Dad from possible werewolf to smooth operator.
Facelogic Highland Park 4518 Lovers Lane Highland Park, TX 75225 (214) 696-3223? ? ?
Manis and Pedis need to be on trend with the rest of your body, so here’s a quick run-down of the hottest shades for your digits this summer.
Okay, it can look like you dipped your fingers in mustard if you aren’t careful, but yellow nails are all the rage with the Katie Perry and Lady Gaga set, so why not you as well? If you want to avoid the scenario above, try a pale lemon yellow or a neon shade. Even if the rest of your outfit gets ignored, your fingers and toes will still get attention. Deborah Lippman’s Yellow Brick Road is a great contender.
2. MINT GREEN
Mint green conjures up images of mint chocolate chip ice cream and all the good feelings that go along with that. This shade pairs well with summer whites and neutrals, so go ahead and buy that white eyelet dress you’ve been jonesing for.
This is another shade that pops perfectly with white, so rock it out during the height of summer. Besides white, turquoise blue, yellow, and even purple look fabulous with coral, so bring on the bright sandals and accessories.
Just like the plant it’s named for, Lavender is pretty, prissy, and gives you a soothing feeling. Black, grey, and other neutrals are killer combos with lavender, so that LBD in your closet can have a lovely contrast to go with it. Essie’s French Affair is a steal at $8.
5. PEARLY METALLICS
Metallics ain’t going anywhere, people. Shades of silver, gold, bronze, and pewter are eye-catching and go well with basically any color, so your mani or pedi can really enjoy longevity. Pair your nalicious colors with coordinating accessories for a polished look. (No pun intended.)
If you’re anything like me, you somehow manage to take your normally clean and functional vehicle and turn it into a dumping ground for all your trash. I vowed to never eat or drink in my car when it was brand new, but as time marched on, I found myself dropping fries down the crater-sized hole between the driver’s seat and the center console. Gum wrappers, junk mail, straws, reciepts…they all reside in the abyss of my car seats and side pockets. What’s a messy bessy to do?
Well, I owe credit to my wonderful co-worker, Emili for the solution. She let me in on the secret to keeping your ride looking mean and clean. The Auto Trash Litter Bag on Etsy comes in a myriad of different patterns, colors, and cute prints. How can you not fall in love with this adorable owl pattern? At $19, these are a small price to pay for a pristine car. Trash, be gone…stylishly!