How will you celebrate Earth Day this April 22? Buy yourself a new Prius? Dust off your composting bin and clean out your refrigerator? While they are both excellent ways of honoring the day dedicated to protecting our earth, they lack a certain flair that Dallasites should insist upon.
Instead, how about heading over to The Mansion Restaurant or the Rosewood Crescent for a 100% organic, sustainable dining experience? This April, Dallas-based Rosewood Hotels & Resorts will show appreciation for the Earth’s natural environment by hosting special dining events in celebration of Earth Day at all 17 iconic hotels and resorts across the collection, including the beloved Dallas locations. Rosewood’s Earth Day Dining Event will allow guests and neighbors to enjoy meals that are entirely organic and prepared with locally sourced ingredients. With The Mansion’s Chef Bruno Davaillon and The Crescent’s Executive Chef Juan Rosado in the kitchens, guests will be able to enjoy and experience the fresh taste and health benefits associated with sustainable cuisine, without sacrificing luxury.The Mansion’s Earth Day Dining Menu is full of the bounty from local farms, and includes a tasting menu of the following:
- Smoked sturgeon dressed with local beets, horseradish, salmon roe and Texas grapefruit
- Chicken liver flan with creamy morels, ramps, local English peas and Texas quail egg
- Maine lobster (not from Texas) with caramelized turnips, radish, cilantro, and topped with sweet and sour jus
- Grass fed rib eye served with sage gnocchi, Texas kale and dressed with bordelaise sauce
- Old fashioned rice pudding with passion fruit and caramel foam
The Mansion’s Earth Day dinner is $75 per person, not including alcohol, tax or gratuity. For reservations, please call 214-443-4747
The Rosewood Crescent Hotel, Uptown’s social epicenter now celebrating its 25th birthday features Chef Juan Rosado’s menu which includes wine pairings from sustainable wine producer Paul Dolan.
First Course Choices:
- Crispy Sweet Breads, Lemon Zabaglione, Roasted Apples and Arugula served with Parducci Chardonnay
- Texas Organic Mushrooms, home-made Fromage Blanc, Fried Green Tomato, Shallot Vinaigrette served with Parducci Chardonnay
- Roasted Eggplant Potage, Egg Parmigiana, Heirloom Tomato Confit served with Parducci Pinot Noir
- Free Range Quail Galantine, Kumquat Preserve, Petite Salad also served with ucci Pinot Noir
- Hill Coutry Smoked Wild Boar, Ajillo Sauce, Feijoada, Crispy Finger Banana served with Paul Dolan Cabernet Sauvignon
- Grilled Sugarcane Cured Wild Salmon, Shishito Escabèche, Gailan Tempura served with Paul Dolan Chardonnay
- Roasted Boniato Gnocchi With Organic Local Vegetables, Brown Butter And Hazelnut Dust served with Paul Dolan Sauvignon Blanc
- Potato Wrapped Striped Bass With Pancetta And Orzo ‘Risotto’, Fried Artichokes And Lemon Soda served with Paul Dolan Chardonnay
- Braised Short Rib With Corn And Apricot Custard, Spring Leek And Spinach Ragout, And Roasted Shallot Jam served with True Grit Petite Sirah
All desserts are accompanied with a glass of Paul Dolan Brut
- Pain Perdue with local Honey, Apricots and Champagne Sorbet
- Ginger Beer Float & Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Texas Peach Blueberry Cobbler with Sweet Mascarpone
The Crescent’s Earth Day dinner is $115 per person with wine pairings and $80 without, not including tax or gratuity. For reservations, please call 214-953-4314.