DalTile is coming soon to the Dallas Design District and they’re looking for employees to staff their new Slocum Street showroom. There are more job openings to come from these folks, but for now they’re looking to get a gallery manager in place. Keep reading for a full job description and for information on where to send resumes!
Tile and Stone Gallery Manager, DalTile
DalTile is seeking a design sales professional to manage their Dallas gallery, maximizing sales development and obtaining customer sales referrals for Sales Service Centers. Job duties include:
- Interview and hire associates, plan and prepare work schedules, assign associates to specific duties, supervise associates taking of inventories, keeping operating records, and perform work of subordinates, as needed.
- Establish and maintain the Gallery Training Program and/or facilitate the continuing education of the staff through classes, seminars and other similar methods.
- Ensure compliance of associates with established security, operating, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Responsible for the safe and proper opening and closing of the store.
- Responsible for securing expensive assets such as digital cameras, portable phones, projector and similar items and set up a log to keep record of their use.
- Establish a log for the Deposits required for Stone Samples and keep it in a safe place.
- Receive customers (homeowners, designers, architects, contractors) referred form associates and determines their needs. Provide assistance as appropriate.
- Responsible for the operation of the gallery and the maintenance of all contracts for facility services.
- Prepare and coordinate sales promotion activities such as preparing sales displays and advertising copy.
- Promote gallery through special events such as design classes, exhibitions and tours for designer associations.
- Responsible for selecting and defining materials and how to display with the assistance of the Corporate Marketing Department.
- Overview and design panels to display tile and stone surfaces.
- Maintain and update design aid tools that help secure customer sales.
- Maintain and update building permits source file for metropolitan area.
- Perform all aspects of design consulting especially for customers with larger residential and commercial buildings.
- Follow up on customer selection sheets until sales are finalized or customer’s interest are resolved; route sales to appropriate Sales Service Center.
- Answer customer’s complaints.
Job credentials include:
- Requires Bachelors of Art degree in interior design (FICAR approved) or Bachelors of Science in Business Administration and knowledge of tile, porcelain and stone surfaces (finishes).
- Must possess a good level of knowledge of Auto Cad and DOMUS, as well as, a good level knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Powerpoint and Word).
- Requires 4 to 6 years of experience in management and or interior design within the tile and stone industry.
In addition, core competencies include excellent interpersonal and management skills, effective communication and listening skills and a very good level of design abilities. Familiarity with design of accentuating materials and finishes other than tile to balance customer selections is essential.
Log on to www.daltilecareers.com to apply for the position.
Get more updates on job opportunities in the Dallas Design District and network with other local professionals by joining the Lower Oak Lawn LinkedIn Group!