Your Secret by Jsmonzani

Posted by    |    May 19th, 2012 at 2:01 pm

“Your secret” is a movie about you.

The director of this short film, Jean-Sébastien Monzani -(jsmonzani.com – all rights reserved) says that this “short movie evokes a complicity between the spectator and the narrator. Something cheerful, something mysterious, something simple, something that hopefully maybe brightens your day.

Monzani said that this work is different that his other works, and asked for feedback.  With that in mind, we copied some of the reactions from viewers that were posted on YouTube.  Some of the comments from YouTube follow:

“I appreciate the attempt this video makes, and stylistically it’s interesting, but it falls apart in the end

The tone of the narrator begins sincere but quickly turns snarky, overly familiar, and finally pompous. Encouraging people to find small, personal beauties is a nice, if unoriginal sentiment. To suddenly and forcefully include yourself in that private beauty comes off as arrogant and invasive, and dilutes the power of the exercise, making it about the narrator more than the viewer.”

Thank you very much for the feedback, I quite appreciate it. My goal was to make something simple and really not about “me” (i.e. the narrator). Actually, none of what the narrator says is my personal experience, it’s of course all fictional. The end sentence is more of a joke/lie as everybody knows that the narrator can’t relate to you since it’s just a movie. But sometimes, pretending to believe in a lie is a way to think differently about reality.

jsmonzani in reply to YawehG (Show the comment) 11 months ago

“Is it okay to change our secret in the middle after the 2nd second that our eyes are closed? :P

Ningirsutyr 10 months ago”

Very beautiful and exactly what I needed at the moment I viewed it. The music and the mental visualization put me in a meditative state.

AurateXYZ 9 months ago

This movie made me cry… in a good way, I promise! But this is amazing, since not many videos do… This movie is beautiful, and it was so good and refreshing to relive my “secret”, when mine is so far away right now. Thank you so much!1 and <3

CallMeMistressSally 1 year ago

I actually love the smell of books from library :D And am I the only one that watched the video again to see if nothing interesting happened in those 3 seconds? :D

DaBestUsernameEvah 1 year ago

I keep watching this ;]] So beautifull, so simple, so wonderful. we have a secret now, i think it’s really beautiful secret ;] You will see, i promise, i will make my secret reality one day ;] I promise ;]] <3 I can’t believe that i just saw something special ;] I think i’m actually crying ;]] *

TheIvyMe 1 year ago

I cannot think of any other movie that touched me so much ! at this very moment of my life i got the most unforgetable secret and it was amazing “sharing” it with you in my mind…cause doing that it’s like i have written my secret in my mind forever…..sometimes a secret is forgotten by it’s need to be hidden, but now I have this video to remind me that theres a place where a secret can be “told”…OMG….just an amazing , touching and sensitive moment.

thx