Published January 4, 2012 by Leonard Moore
Ten Ways Coaches Can Raise GPA's of Black Males
1. Devote 25% of the recruiting weekend to academic related activities.
2. Launch a summer bridge program for black male athletes entering your program.
3. Two-hour per day (Sunday-Thursday) mandatory study time at the academic center for those with a GPA under 3.0.
4. Have weekly academic meetings with your entire staff. Go over every athlete, every class.
5. Hold assistant coaches accountable for academic performance of their guys.
Published January 10, 2012 by You+Dallas
Ten Ways Hip-Hop Culture effects Black Male Athletes
1. It teaches black men to embrace anti-intellectualism.
2. It gives black males four career options: athlete, entertainer, criminal, and "nigga"
3. It teaches black men that college is just a path to the League, and not a path to a career.
4. It provides horrible role models for black men such as Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, and others.
5. It encourages thuggis behavior even in country-club university environments.
6. It promotes rebellion to authority....
There’s more! Check out more news in the Dr. Leonard Moore Blog…
Dr. Leonard Moore
Lecturer, Motivator, Visionary
Dr. Leonard Moore sees the potential in student athletes, and gives them the tools they need to excel beyond the classroom.